- Representing the sector before the government, the Knesset and government authorities, and involvement in the process of policymaking, that may have a bearing on the industry.
- Collecting and analyzing information and data related to electronics and IT derived from sources in Israel and abroad for use by IAESI members.
- Creating international connections with similar organizations and associations worldwide, aimed at promoting international cooperation to serve members of the association.
- Cooperating with the Chief Scientist of the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Labor; Israel Export and International Cooperation Institute; Manufacturer's Association.
- Opening up new markets overseas for electronics and IT.
IAESI operates through the following forums to strengthen connections between companies, to discuss and share problems and to learn about way to find joint solutions: CEO Club, Quality, Medical Devices, Communications, Human Resources, Software, and Subcontractors.
IAESI itself is a member of the World Electronics Forum (WEF) Asia Electronics Forum (AEF) and an associate member of the European Telecom Standards Institute (ETSI) which enables Israeli communications firms to be a party to determining European standards.
Technological Education: IAESI initiates and assists Israel's universities and colleges in training about 8000 engineers and software specialists to graduate each year. In addition this year IAESI, together with the Technion Alumni Association, has developed a training program for engineers in peripheral regions, which strives to help relocate electronics and IT industries away from the center of Israel and thus close social gaps. The Technion, Tel Aviv University, Hebrew University, Ben Gurion University and Bar Ilan University are all willing to be part of the program.
Environment: Green industry is a basic principle of action for Israel's electronics and IT Industries . IAESI along with the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Labor and the Ministry of Environment works to raise awareness on the topic and implement international covenants and commitments in Israel.